Cutting up your hard shell

Ralph Lee

• Baller

(Im LFF) had that in mind with my supershell but ended up with an lower profile on both side maybe regret that, but my rear boot that is an lyric boot is quite soft so i added an thick twill carbon 600g/m2 piece on the right side of boot from bottom and up and and filled it with epoxi resin, now i cant bend that side at all but left side thats my onside it still more flexible i liked the outcome of it,,, shall test to rebuild the supershell right side add some duct tape on the supershell right side with minor reinforcement to see if i lost something when i trimmed it down. vlx7qotnojxe.jpg

59cjep4lfic8.jpg

vkbzlsw4eswa.jpg

• Baller

j888jl68342g.jpg

ui3r6smwu8q9.jpg

Have also cut down the interior flaps on my rear RS-1 boot... Seems there are 2 schools of thought:

1. make the boots stiff as hell.

2. cut boots down to make them move.

Started with 1 - liked it, but made the ski too unforgiving at times when i was not on my game - lasted about 6months with this setup.

much prefer the current setup - i can fell the ski move. the ski feels progressive as opposed to on/off..

• Baller
The best I ever skied the rivet on the right side of my upper cuff was lose and allowing my ankle to lean to the right more than normal. I didn't realize it at the time, as soon as I noticed, I fixed it and the boot does not feel as good now.