Visiting Chattanooga area

susanm1ski

• Baller

Hey guys!

I'm planning on visiting Chattanooga this Friday and Saturday (10/14-10/15). I was thinking about stopping by No Wake Lake to check it out, and maybe take a set if that's possible! Does anyone on here ski there? Even if I can't take a set I'd still like to learn more about lake membership, etc.

Thanks,

Susan

• Baller

Ah yes, Chattanooga. Memories from an event Back On The Tour in 1987. Run the week

after the Knoville stop on the same river. Except with about double the current. About as

close to an unworkable nightmare as it gets. Leave that distinction to Hartford, CT on the

Connecticut River. Sure would have been nice to have that private site then. But, we did

have a good spectator turnout, as part of a Festival there.

• Baller

I just now saw this. My wife had knee replacement surgery and I have been out of the loop for the last three weeks. I am one of the owners at No wake and would have loved to have you come ski if I had not been taking care of wife. If anyone ever wants to Come to Chattanooga and ski at No Wake e-mail me at tomjsmothers@aol.com. If not busy at work or recovering from whatever medical thing me of my wife have going at that time I can give you a pull or can try to hook you up with one of the other No Wake owners or members.

oldmanskier

• Baller

We used to ski year round by wearing dry suits November - March. We all got old and thin blooded so we are usually done by EST time change in November. It is usually March before we get going again but if weather happened to be warm when you came thru I could possibly give you a pull. But I would recommend a dry suit. Water temp would most likely be in the 48 degree mark. Keep my e-mail and contact me if you come thru Chattanooga.

oldmanskier

• Baller
Update! I did indeed stop by there on Friday and talked to the guys skiing out there! Ended up not taking my ski along so I didn't get to ski but it was nice to see the site and meet a few people. Everyone seemed to be really nice. If I am ever back up that way again I'll be sure to bring my gear!