Share Vapor boot?

TallSkinnyGuy

• Baller

My brother and I share a ski (currently the 2015 Alloy Senate). We also ski at about the same level (15 off and 30-34mph). We have been using the Connelly Talon bindings (similar to the Radar Vector and HO xMax), but I've never been happy with the release. I modified the lower laces by not using the top loops of the lower section because it seemed that the lace had to be very loose for me to come out of the binding very easily. However, not using the top loops like this doesn't give me as much control as I'd like even when tightening the binding down very snug.

I've been thinking of moving up to a Vapor boot due to the reviews it seems to get on this forum and comments that people come out of the binding consistently in falls. However, since my brother and I share a ski I'm not sure if this will work. We wear the same shoe size (11.5 - 12) and both have fairly narrow feet but our feet are surely not exactly the same shape. Will the Vapor boot work for us? Anyone else share the Vapor boot?

• Baller

If you use the same foot forward, you could each have a liner specific for your foot and thus each have a custom fit.

With that said, I've purchased two used boots vapor/strada bindings and didn't notice a problem the first few times I used a liner that someone else had been using for an extended period of time.

• Baller
How does Vapor sizing compare to shoe size? Having tried on a Profile, it seemed like I would need to go up at least one size to get a good fit (size 10.5 foot seemed very tight in a size 11 Profile, width fine, just didn't seem to have enough length)

Everyone seems to say they run small. I wear a size 10 street shoe, and ordered a size 10 Vapor boot.....they were tight before heat molding them (my large toe really messes me up in boot sizing). I taped strips of neoprene to my feet when heat molding, to give me more room in the spots that I could tell would be problematic.

First two to three sets on boots was somewhat painful,then as they broke in the fit is much better. I'm glad in the long run that I purchased size 10s, as I know they will pack out more. But I'd recommend that if you sometimes need a 10.5 shoe, go with a size 11.

• Baller
Size 10 shoe. Got size 11 vapor boot. They seemed a smidge loose at first but it seems like the liner has actually expanded a bit (I know my feet didn't grow) and now they fit perfect for my preference. I would go up 1/2 to a full size. These boots are super comfortable and supportive without having to crank the top bungies and therefore I have been confident in their release when needed. Also quality of build is superior to my buddies, to remain unnamed, similar style bungie boot.