Winter skiing

gyoung

• Baller_
55 degrees is just fine for me. I do require a drysuit, but I am very comfortable and can ski up to my best in that temperature. And, if the air is anything north of 65, it's very doable. I'll admit that I don't much care for water less than 40. Between 40 and 50, I don't ski as well and am not as comfortable.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I ski year round in florida, last year without even a wetsuit (but I wimped out and put my shorty on the other day.) Couldn't do it up north. Water down to mid to upper 60s is about as cold as it gets here, and I like a day into the mid 70s. Not sure how much winter skiing I'd be doing much farther north, but thats ok....I don't live up north.

• Baller
I'm in NC and decided this year to ski at least once a week throughout the winter. I try to pick days without wind, air temp higher than 50 and water temp 45 or higher. For me the benefit is first I enjoy skiing, then trying to keep the ski muscles a little bit in shape to make the spring and summer easier on this old body and continue riding my ski to focus on technique. I've skied in the winter in the past, but not as consistently as this year.

• Baller

Back in NH, where I was born and raised, it was water skiing in the Summer, snow skiing

in the Winter, and baseball, golf, etc. in the Fall and Spring. Not conducive to developing

world-class water skiers, but at that time water skiing was year-round for only a few in

Florida, particularly those who worked at Cypress Gardens. Still, we did develop some

champions at times.

• Baller

Lake is solid here 4 months a year (or more sometimes). Makes it tough to get out and ski.

Water temp doesn't bother me. <50 = drysuit, 50-65 = wetsuit, >65 = board shorts. The air temp is what's key. 60+ and sunny is ideal, no matter what the water temp. Below 50 is a bit iffy for me, I'll leave that to someone else...