New VTX Review!!!

jonnyski2

kuub2jp8jugy.png

I'm no Horton but , I just wanted to share my thoughts on the New 2017 VTX ! I finally had a chance to get in the course today ! I find the ski to be very stable and predictable ! It's Very easy to hold your angle through the wakes and the ski comes around the buoy with very little effort ! Looking forward to a new PB ! Thanks HO ! Any other ballers had a chance to ski the VTX ? I'd like to hear about it ! Thanks Johnnyski2

OK listen I'm 53 years old it was my first time in the course this year on a brand-new ski! We were only skiing at 32 mph today very chip choppy conditions ! I always start at 22 off ! I ran 2 passes @22 off ! Ran 2 @ 28 off no problem! Cut the line to 32 off ran 3 !! Called it a good morning ! PB 3@35 off in a tournament over 10 years ago ! Only ran 2 passes @ 32 off 34mph last season ! Pumped about the new VTX !

• Baller
My 2 cents worth. I skied my new VTX for the first time this past Saturday. First time to ski since last Fall (my traps and shoulders are killing me!). Let me also state that not only was I on a new ski but I also was on new bindings - the HO reflex hardshell. So two new changes. My first pass down the course I couldn't even turn the ski. By the end of the set I was starting to get the hang of it. My second set was much better and I was starting to really like my set-up. I think I am really going to love this ski. The boots are so different then anything I have used in the past but I already love how comfortable and easy they are to use.

I was joking !!!! I forgot to mention I'm also Demoing a New rear boot HO-Choptop ! So far it feels great ! It has the stability and feel of a double boot without restricting The mobility of your ankle bend ! Love it so far ! I also have the Radar HRT to try next !

Thanks Ballers !!!

@DaveLemons I've been playing on a VTX for about 2 weeks now. I'm at stock fin settings. Started stock binding position, didn't feel balanced. Went a 1/4" forward with bindings and it felt better but I kept blowing out the tail at 38 on my offside. Then went to 1/8" forward of stock bindings and that was the magic spot for me. See you in a few weeks.

Justin

• Baller
I love my VTX! But I'm only a 22 off and sometimes a 28 off skier. Will Asher came out to Utah for a Malibu/HO demo day. He adjusted my fin to the settings that he uses. I love it! So Will and I are settings brothers! :) I'm not sure what they are. I need to measure it so I have it. My bindings are stock.