HO syndicate hardshell

Gigi

Someone has the same problem?

After 3 passes with the new boot, during the final part of a turn my boot slipped away from the front stainless steel toe hoop, with the release unit still locked. It was quite scary and dangerous. After that, i noticed that the front part of the boot bobs when is locked on the ski, due to the deformation that occur on the stainless steel toe hoop: this due to a mistake in toe hoop design, or because i have a toe hoop with production problem (in my point of view the contact between the boot and the toe hoop is too much forward).

The problem with syndicate hardshell is referred only to the front stainless steel toe hoop. The boot, the liner and the release system is awesome.

- In one picture you can see the gap between the boot and the toe hoop (you see also the scratch on the boot when my boot slipped away from the front stainless steel toe hoop, with the release unit still locked)

- in the other picture you can see the toe hoop too close to the top of the boot. This cause the slip.

pepjpbwecgqf.jpg

j107f3zm8c05.jpg

• Baller

Did you modify the toe loop or buy that used? It's definitely not stock in appearance.

Additionally it doesn't appear that the boot forefoot is recessed all the way into the plate cup.

if that's new from HO or a dealer; send it back.

• Baller

@Gigi surely the best solution is to replace the whole plate.

If for some reason it is impossible I would try to wrap it with (I do not know english name of this tape) kind of duct tape but narrower one: some 2 cm wide. It will make lop thicker and will reduce gap.

• Baller
@Gigi Sorry to hear of the issue you're experiencing. From the photos you provided, the configuration of the toe hoop in relation to the plate does not look correct. Did you purchase the boot new from a dealer? It appears you are in Italy... If so, the quickest remedy is typically going to be through the dealer as they can set you up with a replacement and then work with us on the back end to receive a credit. If the dealer is unable to assist you, please email me directly at sam@hosports.com and I will make sure we get you taken care of!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

I had a similar issue.

Not realizing what was going on, as the deformation can occur subtly, my toe piece deformed to the point that I was finishing passes with my toes resting on top of the piece! When bending the piece back into position I realized how malleable it had become, being the ski crazed fool that I am I went out later on the remolded piece and likely die to the ski flexing as I increased the speed to 34mph my toe slipped out and I double front flipped/scorpioned into the water crossing from 4-5 ball. I’ve never wrecked worse in 15 years of skiing!

I later learned that this is a known issue that occurs for many. I love my HO ski, and the service I’ve gotten- and I ski better on a hard shell binding, but HO needs to recall this piece before someone gets hurt worse than I did.

In the images you can see the toe piece after I’ve remolded it. Unfortunately the slight deformation creating a gap between the boot/toe bar and gap where the toe bar doesn’t completely cover the shiny part of the boot has made my binding extremely dangerous.

hg6n4ld8hfxt.jpeg

gbxzcbczulxv.jpeg

80wlugcdkhso.jpeg

• Baller

It also looks like the rear heel piece needs to move to the forward hole to increase forward pressure ( pushing the toe into the loop move should solve this.)

Another way to check this is put our boot into the system, then try to pull the heel release back off the boot cleat with out using the release bar. if you can pull our heel off the back of cleat the heel piece needs to be moved forward!

the heel piece should have some resistance when pulling it up on the cleat.

I see this all the time with reflex system as well as HO same system just diff boots and toe loops.

• Administrators

@jcp

The pictures I see above are the original hardware. All you have to do is send pictures to the HO customer service for replacement parts. The new hardware works great and is much more durable.

• Baller

Thanks @Horton

@Jcp Sorry to hear of your issue. We’ve seen a handful of the earlier hoops deform, usually (but not always) after a bad crash. If you are having this issue, please give our customer service team a call, they’ll have you email a photo of your plate/hoop and should be able to get you sorted out in short order.

For anyone else reading this, if you have an older hoop and are not having any issue, you should be fine. It’s also never a bad idea to make sure your four fastener nuts are tight and rinse all your gear in fresh water after use in salt water to prevent rust and untimely death to your release mechanism. Finally, we do sell the new hoops as an upgrade item as well. They are twice as thick and cover more of the boot. Hope this info helps folks get the most out of their gear.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

I had issues with my “Gen 1” hoop. Also with the originally 3D printed foot bed. Both of which were handled, no questions asked, by my local dealer. Other than those 2 hiccups, love the setup and have had zero issues since they replaced the parts with their modern equivalent.