VTR, VTX or new PRO

BVGbelgium

hi there,

i'm looking for a new ski and i'm in love with the syndicate line... i have now the ho triumph 2011 witch feels great on open water but i want to go further on the lake.

not sure witch one to take. the VTX looks better than the VTR but the cool thing of the VTX (the special thin shape and relief under the boot) is no more on the new 2018 pro... why? bad experiences or ...?

• Baller
If you are only open water skiing and I am assuming you ski less than 36mph, the VTR is an amazing feeling ski and you may not get the benefit out of the pro. I believe there were some durability issues with the binding spine.

• Baller

I have not skied the VTX but I have seen a lot of people ski it from the boat, and have talked to a lot of people on them that were on the VTR before (I did use to ride the VTR). I personally did not like the VTR and neither really did the people that I talk to a lot. They all LOVE the VTX and all are skiing much better scores on it. As far as the binding spine goes, from what I understand there were some issues with the durability right next to the spine, I have seen a few VTXs crack near the front foot where it was very thin.

The pro looks like a whole new beast and I can't wait to get it. If price is a consideration I would probably go with a used VTX, if not I have talked to 2 skiers on the pro and they both say it is their favorite ski they have ever been on