Wedge or Rope Exposed End caps

sunvalleylaw

• Baller
Ordering my first custom handle. Do you guys like rope expose endcaps or wedge? I have bought Masterline combo ropes and handles before with wedge type always. But the one I borrowed and made me decide to order had exposed. The reason I am ordering is the diameter mostly, so don't know that I care about the end caps. Just thought I would ask.

• Baller

You want the rope exposed so you can see that it's wearing. Otherwise your first warning could be a hard intro into the side of the first wake.

Cross bar is your choice. I believe it's a good idea, but grabbed deep in a tourney once and caught the cross piece. Pocket knife removal and haven't gone back. Having said that the next one I order for the kids will probably have one....

• Baller

Exposed, dries faster, the wear starts from the inside, not visible until to late.

Wear on the outside comes from throwing the handle out of the boat on the deck. You can tell when you both use your one rope and handle and boat crew doesn't throw it on the deck there is no wear on the exposed rope.

• Baller
Haven't had a mark on my ski from a handle since the ends were covered by the wedge. One ride with a capped handle and I have a ding! Never had a wedge handle fail. Run my handles a couple years then buy a new one. I am not easy on the line.