Radar Profile Bindings

76SS

• Baller
I like them. Vectors were too loosey goosey....not a lot of support. The Vapor was the most comfortable boot I have ever tried but I could not get used to the lateral stiffness. Profile is a nice in-between. I prefer my foot clamped in tight but some freedom in the ankles. It allows for this. I have the Profile on my Vapor ski. I am not a super technical skier. 32-34mph, 22-28off. Sometimes I wonder if I should have given the Vapor boot more of a chance but the Profile works great for me.

• Baller

I just mounted a pair of the 2016 Profiles. Size 9 foot, size 9 Profile. Fit true to size and are very comfortable. Cranking down the lower drawstring gets it nice and snug to your foot, while leaving the upper one loose lets your foot release when necessary.

The only negative I have seen (felt) is pulling the rear of the ski up when starting is hindered by the height of the boot (compared to the shorter Prodigy's I was using before).

I only free-ski, so I can't offer any opinions on their abilities in the course. Closed toe is great for the colder weather/water as well.

• Baller
I've also been considering the profile boot. @fu_man or anyone else that has tried vapor and profile did you feel a significant difference in forward angle between the syles of boot? When I look at pictures it appears the vapor would encourage more forward ankle bend where the profile looks more straight up.

• Baller
A very durable and comfortable boot with good performance. In my opinion an under rated boot and well worth a try. I made a couple of plastic stiffeners for mine and there is very little difference between the Profile and my Vapor boot after the mod.

I've been on mine for two seasons and this year I crashed hard enough to come out. I tighten mine up really good and both feet came out cleanly. Size is spot on I wear a ten sneaker and got a ten. I agree with having some freedom in the ankles especially my rear I can raise my heal when I need/want to. I used to be on animals and I'll never go back I love how connected it makes me feel to the ski yet it's not too stiff. Not that it really matters but I'm working on 35 off at 34mph for point of reference.