Kneeboarding

LoopSki

• Baller

Kneeboarding is fun!

I learned to flip on a kneeboard. It can be very technical.

But, I have never had anyone not be able to ride a kneeboard and enjoy it. Skill matters but you can get started very easily.

I wish more people would do this than surf or tube. Get a bunch of kneeboards and drag the kids around the lake laughing in the kneeboard spray wars.

Eric

• Baller

When the wakeboard sessions happen on our lake behind the v-drives, I kneeboard. I catch some hell for it, but when I'm the only guy in the boat who can invert, the heckling stops. Plus, I don't beat the crap our myself like the other middle aged guys who think they can shread.

The kneeboard is also a great teaching tool to get kids comfortable behind the boat without violating my boat rule of "no inflatables ever".

• Baller

Its great for getting beginners out there and getting them some easy, early success. There are some basic skills that can be taught easily on the knee board that transfer to skiing. When my daughter was 10 she was calling for the knee boards quite frequently. I knee'd (Ha!...get it???) to get that thing out more this summer.

Anyway, she was motivated to get out on the water and get behind the boat, she was gaining confidence, and she was having a lot of fun. These are all positive things.

One of my work colleagues who knows I am a skier was telling me about the fun he had on his buddy's lake playing on the kneeboard, and he is in his early 30s.

• Baller

Agree with @eleeski

Have two and sometimes borrow a third one. When non-lake kids come over to play it's a no brainer to get em up and having fun behind the boat together. Sweet spot on my wake is 28 off...just wide enough to ramp one side and hit the downslope of the other side for a super smooth landing.