Connelly GT success

Justin_C

• Baller
Is it just me or is anyone else noticing the surging popularity of the Connelly GT among pro skiers (and maybe amateurs alike)? It seems like every couple of weeks I'm seeing someone else switching over or on the podium with one of these things! Cool to see from one of the cheaper (pricewise) skis on the market! I'd love to get to try one but for now I'll have to settle for other people's thoughts. What's everyone liking so much about it?

• Baller
Great ski, turns well both sides, stable, predictable. Not sure why you say cheap because they are not that cheap here in AU. Its a ski that works for a lot of skiers, having said that I have seen a couple of people get on it and off it just as fast so its not for everyone.

• Baller_
Of the four skiers in my boat here in NY, I’m the only one not on a GT. (I’m on a T3.) One of my partners just got a 19 GT. It’s stiffer than his last one, but he asked for a stiff ski. He says he feels like he can really crank the ski when needed. Great black and silver graphics.

Lpskier

• Baller
@Connelly_Skis_Inc unfortunately I'm in New Brunswick, Canada. Not really known as the hot bed of waterskiing! I appreciate you reaching out though. I've been curious about the ski for some time and it really seems to be gaining popularity! I think you guys are onto something! If you did happen have someone handy though, I would certainly be interested in connecting with them to try one out! Feel free to pm me so as to not hijack the thread.

• Baller
@Connelly_Skis_Inc any in my area to try? Qualified for my first Nationals in 1983 on an HP and that was also my best finish (tied for 11th in Men 1) seems that GT has gained momentum for sure.

• Baller
I have two 2015 Connelly GT's after being on a 2008 D3 Nomad RCX. Definitely a more advanced ski. It slices through rough water like butter. Still trying to find the right fin and wing set up. My favorite ski was a 2000 Obrien Mapple Signature model, This ski is very similar. I am currently struggling to run 32 off in a tournament which I have not done in two years. A friend gave me numbers to try for a fin and wing setup. I have the skis tuned to the new numbers, and will try them out as soon as my sprained ankle heals. I am hoping by this Sat.