Need Help Picking out a Ski

btb24

Hi, I am new to the forum and looking to upgrade from my old Connelly Mid S. I currently ski at 30mph but I am looking to increase my skills and want a ski that works well up to 34mph. Never skied a course but would like to one day as well.

I don't really want to spend over $450 but I will if it makes a big difference. Along that line, is the Carbon Omni worth the extra dough compared to the regular Omni? How do those skis stack up against older models like the CX, TX, or V-Type? If I go with a CX or TX do they have to be Superlites?

• Baller
The V-Type is not a good ski especially for a transition skier like you. The CX and TX are open water skis, but the Omni is a great ski for sure! Have you considered a Radar Senate? That would be the ski to go with that will get you to the 34 mph threshold you are looking for and then you can upgrade from there.

• Baller

@btb24 I think @bigskieridaho might be heading the right way when he mentions the Radar senate, however I think you should thro the Connelly V and carbon V into your thought process as well. I put students on it regularly and have amazing results from 30 up through 34. It is a user-friendly ski that works well without paying through the nose and also carries good speed through the Wales while maintains stability. They are great in the course, but also very suitable

for crushing it on the open water. If you decide you want to try one I may be able to get you demo to try. Either way, the midsize ski options are great! Have fun and keep crushing!