How to tie a SN 2020 on dock

Hk196

I am waiting for my SN 2020 and wonder how to tie the boat without damaging the SeaDeck or the vinyl of the cut-out armrest. Till now I used one rope to the pylon. For short stops one rope is great. All new SN I have seen had damaged vinyl at the windshield. May a shock tube bring a solution?

• Baller

I got a pack of these and slid them over the pylon rope.

SP Ableware Maddak Blue Closed-Cell Foam Tubing, Blue Color, 13/16" I.D (6). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002Q19TI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hgQUEbNN0248R

They last about 2 -3 months each based on my heavy use in summer months. So at roughly $5-10 a season it felt like an easy investment.

I also use a shock cord style pylon line which seams to produce less for aft travel of the boat relative to the dock.

Riot Bungee Dockline - Boat Accessories Various Length 4ft 5ft 6ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNZ4W7M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6kQUEb5T24V31

• Baller

I'll see if I can dig up photos - we used to have to tie up at very unimproved docks that just had no good way to secure an inboard - they were above the level of the window on our boat so any wave action and the window would be what caught.

I bought a few C-Clamps and drilled holes through the body, and bolted PVC Pipe to it 4' long.

They fit in the side pockets of the ski boat and when you got to the dock you just needed to clamp them both onto the dock so they'd be about 8-10 feet apart and run a rope from the top of each of them to the pylon below the collar - worked great, could tie up in seconds and the PVC acted like mooring whips so you could tie in really tight and the ropes went upwards from the pylon to the top of the PVC.

• Baller

When I lived in Hawaii, we could not have boat houses in the water, and had to have floating docks. My house was right across from the middle of the Slalom Course, so I used the mooring whips to keep the boat from banging into the dock from boat wakes. Worked extremely well.