Any experience with Shoremaster floating docks from Polydock?

hemlock

• Baller

I'm looking at upgrading our home made wood floating dock to shoremaster.

Shoremaster seems to be partnered with a company called Polydock that sells floating docks.

Any feedback on these products? Thx!

• Baller

There is also a competing product called EZ Dock that is very similar but each company has their own way to connect sections.

With that said I helped a friend install Polydock and liked it quite a bit. He has an “L” shaped setup and I’m impressed with the stability. The reason I mentioned EZ dock is my neighbor has that brand. I’d say it’s a nearly identical product other than the way each brand connects sections. My neighbors dock is nearly 20 years old and is just starting to show some age but has had no functional problems.

Definitely get the auger ends for your support poles and screw them into the lake bottom. That is what my friend did and they haven’t moved. My neighbor didn’t do that and he has to have them shoved back into the ground every year or two.

• Baller

+1 for the ez dock we have about 100 ft of it.

Very low maintenance blow it off with the pressure washer once a year. The beauty of it is you can add pieces as your budget allows.

It is a little pricy but lasts for ever. They have a ton of options and pieces you can add but you are tied to the brand as nothing else attached to it. We’re on a large public lake that takes a beating from large boats and the weather and so far it’s stood up great.

• Baller
We had Polydock probably 12+ years ago and had to replace the dock. The surface got so hot in the sun you could not stand on it. The heat caused the surface to warp. Again, this was 12+ years ago. They may have improved the product.

• Baller
@GaryJanzig Water is both shallow and deep. For example the front of our lift has the legs at zero extension, and the back are almost full extension. So a big drop off about 16' from the shore water line. Thanks for the link, will check them out. We have an EZ-dock and shoremaster supplier in town so those were the first two to look at.

• Baller

I have a Shoremaster roll in. It's REALLY well built. If you're looking at going roll in, I wouldn't hesitate. In Minnesota docks are a 2x/year in/out affair, and I do it with 3 other neighbors on the lake. I will tell you that the build quality of my Shoremaster is much better than any of the other docks I put in.