Fake a lake on newer prostar

LoopSki

• Baller
For some reason i cannot get my prostar to drink off the fake a lake. Ive had many ,boats varying years and brands and never had any issues. Other than one nautique that the cup couldn't seal well, but solved with a little duck tape. My 2017 gets a great seal, no bunk obstuction , plenty of water. It just wont drink. WTF. Anyone else have issues? Fyi, not looking for options to plumb in , i know that. Only looking for fake a lake right now. No bucket trick either. I know that too.

• Baller
Just ran my 17 on a fake a lake. Takes a while for the water to get out to the exhaust and is a bit of a nail biter waiting. As long as the fake a lake is oriented correctly, sealed tight and the shut off before the weed screener is in the open position it should work!?

• Baller
When i first ran my ps in the driveway i realized the plastic intake was too big for my faker, so i built one out of an old toilet plunger, pretty redneck but works. I can watch the water flow at the seaweed separator housing in the front corner of the bilge, it does take a while to get any water out the exhaust.

• Baller
I only flush when i return to my lake from another. So 2 or 3 times a year. It doesnt heat up bit only a few droplets come out. So yes it is a nail biter! I hate to cut up a hose, but will do the bucket so i can see its drinky

• Baller

@Orlando76 - I'm a bucket guy too with a separate hose made up with its own hose clamp its faster to swap that on than it is to thread hose fittings, and you can use the bucket to beer bong in engine flush or antifreeze as well.

The other benefit is that you don't have to slither under your trailer in the lawn.

• Baller

Maybe $5-7 at Home Depot. Thread it on garden hose. Remove boat hose at the trans cooler and plug this in and use same hose clamp to tighten. Done.

It does take a while for water to come out the back, but you do know that it for sure is going in.....

qsphac8cz8z3.jpeg

wcnd69etggja.jpeg

• Baller
Please don’t use those cheap arse plunger fake lakes on your boat. For those of us that have used the bucket method you quickly realize the boat needs more water than a hose gpm can provide. Plum it in after the water filter.