2021 Denali C75 (new flex) - unboxing

Horton

• Baller
@Than_Bogan - yes that was a long time ago. I have had 3 back surgeries and each one makes me think I am done skiing. I wear a powervest and try to manage the pain associated with short line skiing, so to be back into -41 after the 3rd surgery is very exciting.

• Baller

For the small with standard flex at 34mph, what’s the bottom of the weight range? The website doesn’t specify a low end.

Assume the skier is a total hack, back foot heavy and can run 22off once in a while.

I apologize if this was already covered, I didn’t read every post.

• Baller
It’s a medium and I’m around 163 pounds. When I ask what flex it is, Adam tells it’s a good one. I assume it’s the record flex. Most numbers they give me work. I’ve been all over the place on setups, every time I get a setup I like, then he gives me another one and I like that as well or better. This ski works all over the place.

• Baller

I had my credit card info and everything ready to hit the order button on Saturday for a large standard flex but I just thought I need some more input on whether I should get the med or large. At the start of the season I was just under 200. Now I am at 185. I currently ski a 67" and it seems to be just fine even though I am on the edge of that weight range.

Is there any advantage to going to a medium instead of a large? @Milford said he got an entire pass by switching to the medium... I am nowhere near the skier he is but...

Thoughts?

Like I said, I'm ready to hit the order button...

• Baller
@Skoot1123 I second that on #'s above. @9400 Thanks for posting that set up! It's close to what worked well on the 2020 c-75 except fin much further back on this one. Current 34 MPH 2021 med. Record flex c-75.LFF mod. Reflex fb RTP . 6.665, 2.66, .910, 8° flat, 28.5", 11" spread heel to heel. Even with the recommended settings posted on the Denali website ,This ski accelerates noticeably quicker then the standard flex, but these numbers are giving me a whole new look at the course. Never been this early or as high up on the boat with less effort. Only a few sets in so far, very impressive.

• Baller_

basic question: the RFF vs. LFF is just which wing is attached, right? The ski itself is the same either way?

I'm hoping to snag a used one next season sometime, but I'm 155-160 lbs, so will be looking for a small, which seems much harder to find (where my lean dudes at?! :D ).

• Baller_

hmm, @AdamCord - any thoughts? I'm 5' 10", 155-160lb depending on the time of day, though I'm low on muscle right now after almost 4 months off of strenuous activity due to a f***ing concussion. I'm hoping to train hard this winter, could certainly end up more like 160-165. Or maybe if I just eat too much lol, but I'm good about diet - all that to say I don't see any way I'll get under 155, whereas I could see myself getting closer to 165. I suppose I should just wait to see what weight I'm at when I'm ready to buy a ski lol... but if a small would be best, and since they're harder to find, if one pops up on SIA for a good deal... it's gonna be hard not to make a poor financial decision :#

Of note also is that I'd probably be looking at a 2020 model due to budget, rather than a 2021 with the different flexes, but my understanding is that the 2020 is fairly close to the the regular flex, which is where I'd be anyways. I'm still skiing 15off, 30mph (PB is 4 at 32mph) but I'm only 32years old, have really only had 4-5 months ever in the course, and have access to good (video) coaching, so I'm confident I will make progress fairly quickly - my goal is to run 34mph,22off by the end of next year.

@MattP - https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/384162 - Horton said "next year will be the C87"... though that was followed by "that thing will not be cheap" lol

• Baller
@SlalomSteve I'm at 36 so I would think you would go to a Medium at 34. But go with what the Adams recommend. A few pop up on SIA every now and then but you have to be quick. If you can go with the 2021. I think the model C87 was more sarcasm but the guys are always working on something new.

• Baller
@SlalomSteve, I'm just over 150 pounds right now and use a small 2019 c75. I'm skiing at 34mph/28-35-off though. I'm curious what the recommendation will be as you are skiing a little slower and longer line lengths. When I demo'd the ski late-2019 it was pre-COVID weighing in at 160-165 pounds. They recommended the small for me at that time.