Prostar 14-20 mts ballast Q.

ski39

• Baller

Hi guys, I'm installing a ballast training system into my Prostar and would just like to know where the factory has installed the thru hull fitting? If anyone has it in their boat or knows where it is located I would really appreciate it if you could let me know! I would hate to put a hole that size in the wrong the spot!!

Cheers.

• Baller

@MichaelWiebe Thankyou, is the inlet/outlet forward of the drivers foot rest (bulkhead) and aft of the R/H bow seat? I didn't think you could access the hull under the driver"s legs area?? Love the color of your boat, similar to mine!

Cheers.

• Baller
It will be a while before I'll be able to get my hands on a 21 down here! However, the system I'm installing will have ball valves to select between passenger ballast and trick ballast so that should stop any drain back.

• Baller

I made a mistake. The hose goes under the driver footwell and comes out in the engine bay. The hull penetration is behind the motor cooling water inlet. It has the same ball valve. It's about 6" behind the cooling water. Please see the pictures below.

I believe my ballast tank doesn't leak.... I have forgotten to empty it, and put it on the lift, and didn't notice massive dripping. I will test it next time, to see if it drips a lot.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

• Baller

My boat seams to require quite a bit of lead to balance it up and we are always adding the trick weights and removing them. So I'm going for the easier option of touching the screen and waiting a minute or two!!