2021 MasterCraft ProStar - BallOfSpray First Look (Tracking and Steering)

Horton

• Baller_
Is the adjustment screw part of the plate or part of the rudder? I did see Freddy K's explanation but couldn't quite see how the adjustment part worked. Would love to see pics or vids of someone adjusting one.

• Baller
@BraceMaker has it about right. There are a couple screws at the trailing edge of the plate that push the tab outward. Doesn't look quiet as integrated or "elegant" as the tabs on the SN or Bu but apparently it gets the job done.

• Baller

@RAWSki I thought that as well - however I do think this is a better functioning design.

The style with the small brass section cut out have a shaft that's run down through the rudder to pin the section in, then there are set screws to clamp that shaft to prevent it turning but there is no incremental adjustment, you break those screws loose then try to nudge it and then you torque the screws which are threaded into brass and then you drive it and if it was too much or too little you crack the screws loose again and try to nudge it.

The new design while maybe looking a bit simplistic you should be able to turn the screws 1/4 turn at a time or whatever you decide and have an actual change and with nothing overly complex.

• Baller_
I will offer a bit of a counter on the rudder trim tab, I like the fact that the non tabbed side is clean, compare to an airplane wing that makes sure the lift surface side is a clean, smooth surface. Both configurations certainly do the job and in a sense so does a nice grinder for those older boats:-)