Prayers and Love for Gordon Rathbun

Horton

• Administrators

8rfzyvha526c.jpg

Prayers and Love for Gordon Rathbun

Dear friends, guests and Gordon’s fellow skiers:

Some of you already know about Gordon’s health emergency and we want to give you an update.

He was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in recent years and has had a few surgeries for skin Melanoma.

Unfortunately the Melanoma reached his brain where it silently created three tumors, until one of them started bleeding 10 days ago.

One night he was so dizzy and disoriented, we ended up in a hospital in Acapulco where an MRI showed the tumors.

He needed an emergency surgey, so we flew to the U.S. where Gordon was accepted at John Hopkins in Baltimore. So, we got an air ambulance and arrived last Tuesday at the hospital where they performed an emergency brain surgery to remove the tumor.

Gordon came through better than expected and the tumor, which in fact were two, were successfully removed from the base of his neck.

The hardest part has been not being able to see him, because family is not allowed to enter due to the pandemic . We have had a few facetime calls and now, one week later, after hearing Gordon protest for being confined to a hospital bed, and make jokes about the nurses, I thought “that’s Gordon” and he’s really getting better.

He will be released any day now and is scheduled for radiation to dissolve the other two small tumors still left in his brain.

I want to thank everyone for their love and support. Keep up with the prayers as he still needs physical therapy for a full recovery, but Gordon is up to the challenge and he is looking forward to Ski Paradise’s next season. Of course he is… that’s Gordon, alright!

PS. Special thanks to Michele White who helped get Gordon admitted at the John’s Hopkins and who is allowing me and my sister to stay in her home this difficult days.

Source: @skiparadise1 (Instagram)