Adjustment on bottom of D3 rubber bindings?

Slalom.Steve

• Baller_

On the bottom of D3 rubber bindings, the top set of screws looks like it has 3 different places it could be screwed in. I saw in a different thread that these have something to do with adjusting the width near the toes, but not which direction does what, or how it works. Do you just unscrew and rescrew it into a different hole? Like.. the screw must be attached to or holding something on the other side - if I unscrew it, wouldn't it lose grip on the other side and whatever that other side is would also need to be moved to line up with the newly selected hole? Feel like this will be a "duh, I'm an idiot" answer, but such is life.

Boot on the left is a newer D3, right is one of the old lace-up Leverages. I am 99.9% sure the bottom is the same on the new Leverage Blackouts.

140qwaa255dw.jpg

• Baller

The top screw can be put on the inner, outer or middle spot.

Pinch or spread the toe area. The screw just screws into the black plastic piece outside the rubber bindings.

Pull the screw out, move the binding around until it lines up with a hole and put screw back in. Can’t really mess it up so long as you put screw in straight/ don’t cross thread it.

@jhughes one of those bindings is the T factor you sold me off SIA. I never ended up using it so sent it down the line :)

• Baller_
@jhughes - I sent them a message a week ago asking a different question (about replacing a Leverage overlay with a T-Factor overlay) but never heard back. Guess a week isn't too long, but I always like logging things into the "ski knowledge public domain" that is Ball of Spray lol, so someone 2 years from now can search and find the answer if they have the same question.