Jr. Skiers

Sebgo

• Baller
What ski would everyone's recommendation be for a 7 year old boy (50+ pounds) who is currently with successfully running the course @ slow speeds (17.5+/-). I'm thinking more for next year? D3 Evo, Jr. Radar, Connelly Prodigy, are some of the ones in consideration. Thanks in advance!

• Baller_

Ski size is much more important than brand at his stage. Either a traditional slalom in the 63-65" range or a wide shaped ski. You need lots of surface area to keep him from sinking. If he progresses normally, he can use that until he gets to 30mph and ready to shorten the line, then go to a 62" "performance" slalom.

More free advice here:

https://www.ballofspray.com/home-page/tech/2598-the-future-of-our-sport-tips-to-addict-the-next-generation

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
@Sebgo We put our kids on one of our old skis to increase stability behind the boat. Son even had to ski on my pink Goode 9800 until he hit max speed and began to shorten the line. Teaching the kids proper position behind the boat (longer ski) is more important at this phase than teaching them to turn (shorter ski). In my mind, are you trying to build a good skier (position behind the boat = long term) or are you trying to gain a few bouys (working on turns = short term)?