Skipark-Design

SkiparksKurt

• Baller_

Our club lake is 250 feet wide by 2150 feet long. We have a jump and the clearances are sufficient to shore.

The boat turn radius is about 130-140 feet (260 feet diameter) at one end and about 100-120 feet (about 210 feet diameter) on the other end. Using the smaller radius end to spin the skier and continue for another pass is really for expert drivers and skiers only, especially since the starting dock is on that already smaller end. I would probably recommend a bit more radius overall - like 150 feet of radius (300 feet diameter).

For slalom buoy distance to shore, I would think you need about 75 feet to provide a safety buffer for novices and beginners who might not have as much control on the water as others. For experienced skiers, you can probably have a little less distance to shore.

Others may have more information or recommendations, but these are the characteristics and observations from our site.

Good luck.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
By the way, if you click in the lower left corner of Google Earth on the year indicator (e.g., 1992), it will give you a slider control in the upper left to select and view pictures of different years. There is at least one (from 2016) that will show the jump installed. You can use the measure tools in Google Earth to get distances.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I'd also add, do you have an Austrian Water Ski Association? If not there is the IWWF and the BWSW in the UK. Get in contact with them and they will have the requirements for tournament level ski lakes and usually assist you in planning, regulation approval etc

• Baller
One thought from someone who is NOT an expert: if the cost isn't prohibitive, and the space allows it, go longer, maybe 2400 feet. This allows a bit more setup time for both skier and driver and is a bit more friendly to recreational skiing and (am I really saying this?) wakeboarding.

• Baller

Another thing to consider is weed propagation, wave wash back, water depth, and max water temperature. Our lake is 2000’ by 240’ wide. We do not jump on our lake. For skiing the width we have is definitely wide enough - I’m not sure about jumping. I’d rely on those that have experience with jumping.

I really love the 3D concept of your lake. You certainly put some thought into this and it shows. Besides safety aspects of a purpose built ski/jump lake do you have any other questions? Feel free to PM me with any other questions.