Goode Skis

DRski

Can anyone give a good detailed (in their opinion) difference between the 3 goode skis that they have excluding the wideride as it is brand new?

What is each ski built to do and what level of rider each on could be best for?

• Baller

In my experience or opinion:

the XTR is a deeper riding ski that is 'stickier'. So no surprise it's not as fast or free but turns are a no-brainer and it won't blow out.

The Revo rides higher and is easier from side to side. You could say its faster. The turns may require more technique or attention to detail to be optimal.

Haven't ridden a 9970 yet, but I want to.

• Baller

@Andre there are others more knowledgeable to answer this, but I’ll try... I’m on the Xtr cc at the moment, was in the same size XT before this. Xtr is a very stable deeper riding ski and it is more work cross course than the other shapes, turns on a dime though. I’ve rode older traditional shape models up to 9900 and a wide ride, a mid ride, nano and three different size rev6s.

Had the chance to ride the 9970 but haven’t so far..

I believe that the Xtr shape is the deepest riding ski, then it’s the revo- revolution shape and then the 9970 traditional shape. Also believe that the carbon core skis because they have thinner profile tails, tail rides deeper than previous models. So from my experience and from watching others all carbon cores are a bit more work cross course than previous models and in some 9970 cases for people skiing at 34, we had to change the standard wing with the smaller one and play with the settings a little. I also believe that the Xtr suits more heavier skier, more powerful, skiing at 34 and 9970 suits skiers that ski at 36 and the revo is somewhere in between. Funny thing is that if you are used to riding Goodes they all feel familiar from the beginning.

I believe it’s more critical to chose the right size than model.

About the wide ride cc.. I put stock settings to one last week and move the boots from the old wide ride to the new cc. They both look like they came from the same mold, only thinner tail for the cc like all carbon cores.