whacky story '87 Mastercraft

6balls

• Baller

I moved to MN in '02, and a nationals competitor had access on a public puddle with 2 courses and needed a ski buddy. He had his '87 MC 190 that he bought new and we skied our butts off. My bro Jim, ski buddy Bob and I all have 38's on that boat on that puddle.

ZO came to be and 240 hp carbed was just not similar enough and the spray at shortline was an issue--I bought my 2000 bubble butt in 2010 and we used it from there.

The MC was sold after a number of years in storage--a pristine boat.

A friends daughter and spouse went on a "first boat" hunt recently. Came across a '87 MC with perfect pass in great shape. Bought it--it's Bob's former boat. How cool is that?

They are super enthusiastic free-skiers--gonna try to get them course exposure sometime soon--set the hook!

• Baller

Bob was original owner bought it off the showroom in '87. Driver's seat new upholstery as well as the seat base of the passenger seat...otherwise all original. Back seat was never in the boat. Very tiny imperfections here and there.

Apparently the folks that bought it used it about 10 hours on one season and it sat in storage the next.

I'm loving that it is going to a good home that is going to be used as intended. Classic and timeless boat and it's about to pile on some hours. I have lots of seat time and time on the end of the rope behind that one.