Mastercraft and EP Jump Skis

AquaSkier64

7bvnxh9va19y.jpg

s4e2djweuube.jpg

y2hy76lnf5b0.jpg

xr7dvmak1kzh.jpg

So I have been back and forth on whether or not I want to hold on to these two pairs of skis as I enjoy the history behind them both. One half of me wants to just collect them while the other half says I need some other equipment and these should probably just be sold. Thought Id post them here and see what people knew about them or have any insights into them as I only know so much. The Wayne Grimditch EP's are 68's while the Mastercrafts are stiffer 74"s.

• Baller_

Both pair of those skis would be treasured by small junior skiers that have a hard time finding right sized equipment. I can’t tell you if you should keep them or sell them, but if you decide to sell them, there are juniors that would be very happy.

Oddly, I was asked today if I had a pair of Ramp Masters lying around. Sadly no.

Lpskier

• Baller
I have a pair of the same MasterCraft jumpers, although mine have quite a bit of wear and some epoxy. I would never let anyone take them over the ramp given their condition, but generally speaking, how old is too old for jumpers?

• Baller
@Cooper_Trelawney that is cool to hear that you see that on your water. I paid $50 for these epoxy-filledjumpers so I could teach new skiers without having to use crappy combos. I also used to have my kids stand in front of my bindings for a faster ride than the near idle speed they were going on their own at age 4. That definitely helped hook them on the sport.

• Baller
@BlueSki 100% agree. Old jumpers > crappy combos. I had my kid stand on the front of my jumper bindings too when she was 2 and 3. By 4 she was riding the ski sled by herself and then graduated to skis. She's since gotten into wakeboarding because her cousins do it (she's 9 now) but I have a feeling she'll be back into skiing again. I'm happy to have her in the boat and enjoying being on the water!

• Baller_
@Horton do you know where / what company actually built the Mastercraft skis? I know BLP and KLP did the majority if not all the design work, but it was never obvious where or who made the skis. Was it really the Mastercraft boat company or some agreement with one of the other ski builders?

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding