SkiPath

bbruzzese

• Baller
You bet. Using the mobile and PC version. PC version is great for jump setup! Biggest thing is you need a line of site from your base station to your boat - preferably at all times but at minimum prior to your 55’s so the system can lock on.

• Baller

Just received our SkiPath today.

Any chance anyone has some pics of their Base station set up, as well as how and where they mounted things in the boat that they'd be willing to share?

Doesn't seem too difficult but if someone has a set up that's working well for them I'd be happy to try and recreate that rather than start from scratch. Any other tricks or advice is welcome also.

Thanks

• Administrators

@bbruzzese

First thing is your base station must have a clear line of sight of the whole boat path. If possible put it in the middle of the coarse. If the base station can not see the boat you will lose connection. If you do not have power everywhere on the lake you can use a cell phone charger battery.

You will need to put the metal ring under the GPS puck.

I attached the base station and puck to a plastic cutting board and then mounted it to a post.

When you have the base station radio and puck set up you need to go to the boat, mount the rover puck to the pylon and connect it to the rover radio and then fire up the tablet.

With everything connected you will look at the tablet and see if everything is communicating.

These are fast and dirty instructions. Feel free to call me if you want more help. I will IM you my #

• Baller

Thank you! Was using plastic cutting board as well.

Our base station looks straight down the course with an unobstructed view so hoping that works.

How did you mount the rover puck to the pylon? Also does it matter where the rover radio is in the boat as long as it has a view of the sky?

Thanks again, I’ll reach out via the phone if things go awry.

• Administrators

I put the rover radio in my windshield with a cell phone mount. The radio antenna in the boat must have a clear view of the radio antenna on the base station. The frequency requires that they have an unobstructed view of each other.

As for the GPS puck in the boat - it just must have a clear view of the ski. Mine is on my pylon. I use a an extra mount I have for SurePath. I think you could mount it on the dash and it would be almost as good.

FYI when you fire it up the tablet if you do not get FIX immediately you might just have to wait a few minutes. It does not connect super fast. As I recall the instructions tell you how to know if the radios are talking.... if they are talking you are on your way.

I did find the system a little confusing the first time I used it... once I got my head around it I love it.