Lake of Dreams

AdamCord

• Baller

I just wanted to give a shout out and say thanks to Dave Krohne @skiinxs at Lake of Dreams near St. Louis for letting me use his amazing lake as my 2nd training site. My day job has had me spending a lot of time managing a project in St. Louis this summer and Dave has been gracious in letting me come out and ski pretty much anytime I want, even when he's been injured and can't ski. The lake is about as protected as a lake can get, and conditions have been perfect every time I've been there, not to mention the new Nautique and world class driving. Thanks Dave!

da1bo8c6mhl1.jpg

Set in the dark this past week:

• Baller
Lake of Dreams is amazing! The can Ams have been there several Times and I’ve been fortunate to help as an official several times. Beautiful with amazing people like Dave. Interesting place in that there is no location on either shore where you csn see all 6 slalom buoys pearly. For the Csn Ams we used a tracking live feed camera from the boat and a couple shore/gate cameras to judge slalom. Unconventional but worked great. All the judges and scorers just sat on the dock and watched the big screen TV.

• Baller
As Keith said prior. The can-am tournament was the highlight of the year for several years. The Melnick family were always outstanding hosts and you were treated like royalty from the time you arrived at the site, till you left. At that time, I think that the house @skinxs owns had been vacant for several years. Many fond memories from that lake. If you came in hot into 1 ball from the starting dock, you just might end up on the shore. No one ever did, but the potential was there.