Denali C85 feedback

Shadave1

• Members

Curious to what the final verdict has been on the Denali C85. I bought the C75 last year and have really liked the ski a lot. Last year there were a lot of discussions about the ski all summer long.

Other than Horton's review,I have not seen or heard much about the C85.

Wanting to know what the overall feeling about the ski is.

• Baller_

I’m riding a C-85 right now. I tried the 65 and 75, but didn’t have anywhere near the same positive first ride experience on those skis as on the 85.

Coming from a Vapor Pro, I found no change in stance was necessary. At 65” the ski does not feel small (like the 65&75 did to me) and it seems more forgiving if your body isn’t perfect.

One thing that is hard about the C-85: missing 35. It’s hard to miss 35. So if you like missing 35, this may not be the ski for you. ;-)

Lpskier

• Baller

@lpskier pretty much summed up my experience with the C85. I road two for several weeks this summer, medium and stiffer flex pattern but both “mediums” per Denali. Crazy consistent at 35, which I hadn’t run in a tournament since 2019. At one point I had a streak of like 15 sets where I had run right to 38 off the dock. I then proceeded to blow an early five ball (on-side!) at the tournament… I had an extensive demo on a c75 last fall and ran some pretty consistent 35’s on that too, but the 85 was so much easier to jump on and ride.

I could run wild passes on the 75 where I’d break at the waist, and suddenly be right back in it. The 85 seems to still have that but I rarely found myself in that position on the ski. It never felt like a radically unique ski like the 75 did for me, it was just crazy consistent. I’m not on it anymore, but I wouldn’t hesitate to grab it and ski a tournament with minimal practice sets. It’s a great ski.

• Baller_

Other than Horton's review???? Did you miss this?

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/25668/butterfield-s-c85-review

Or this?

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/25676/zappys-c85-review/p1

I can't remember being on a ski that I really liked at the beginning of the season, then by the end of the season I kept saying "I LOVE this ski" - until the C85.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
@Bdecker’s comment about rarely being in a compromised position is spot on. I ran some crazy passes on the C75 and many smooth ones. I could crash turns if I got behind, build angle if I was late, or just be smooth as hell if I wanted on the C75. With the C85, it’s just harder for me to screw things up.

• Members

Thanks for the feedback. I was on a 68 NRG until I rode a buddy's C75 last summer and ordered one immediately. The C75 had the stability of the D3 but it really seemed to help me clean up my onside.

Guess I'll have to get the C85 now.