GOAT

Gloersen

• Baller
...margins; 11 time World Record Holder, 6 World Championships, 3 Senior World Titles, 14 U.S. Masters titles, 14 Moomba Masters titles, 15 US Open Slalom titles, 12 time Pro Tour Champion, 3 Time World Cup Champion, with 168 Professional Victories Worldwide...

• Baller_

Just watch a vid about Nate. When interviewed Nate said he has only 2 numbers in mind. 14 and 167. He said that’s the number of Masters and Pro titles won by Andy. He went on to say that he doesn’t necessarily want to beat those numbers and isn’t sure he could but rather feel what it’s like to be that elite of an athlete like Andy.

My interpretation.... Nate just defined Andy as the GOAT.

• Baller

0ntl8wv5bydq.jpg

I was lucky enough to not only have met Andy but own the 88' SN that pulled him to his 5th masters title. I was asked to bring it back to the masters as a display boat as Nautique wanted a model from each decade as the 200 SN was making it's american tournament debut. I had approached Andy at his booth and asked him if he'd autograph the boat for me and he said " Absolutely, lets do it!" As he climbed in he looked, paused and smiled at me and I responded with " Everything Okay??" ......" Yeah, everything is good. I'm just a bit nervous."...."Nervous???" I asked puzzledly???? " "Yeah, you see, I have never autographed a boat before and I don't wanna mess up!" He was a class act through and through and then we chatted for a few then he said." Beautiful boat man, thanks for bringing it. I gotta go do my thing on the water." Watched him go ski head to head with Bob Lapoint and after seeing the both of them grip it and rip it.....I told myself I need to put down the wakeboard and pick up a slalom ski again. I did and I've never looked back. I never got the chance to thank him for getting me back into slalom skiing. I had several opportunities to do so at masters tournaments following this one but everytime I had seen him he was always chatting with a another fan, or Nate or another skier in the tourney. I'll thank the next time I see him somewhere...then he passed. Thanks Andy for getting me back into a sport I'm passionate about and when I'm behind "The 1st Andy Mapple Signature Edition" SN about to attempt to run though the course...I say "Thanks Andy!'.... Hit it!!!!!!

vw8up05pilsv.jpg

• Baller_
@morfoot - what timing on your post (the football GOAT tossed his 600th TD pass and the video is how classy TB is with a young fan). Cool to be able to have witnessed 2 GOATS perform along with each being such a class act. Pretty special boat in your possession, take good care of it:-)