Drysuit recommendations

Tsivak

Dear Forum,

I am planning to start skiing around April in metro Boston and am looking for recommendations of a drysuit to consider for purchase over the cold winter months.

I am 6’2” and 175#- Thin build.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom S

• Baller
O’Neill Fluid Dry size large. I’m 6’2” 175 been in the same one since spring 1996 in chilly New England temps. Had the zipper replaced by O’Neill a couple years ago for ~$50 plus shipping. Still dry and comfortable. I wear a base layer underneath once the water dips to 50ish. Tip - turn the lower leg cuffs in about one inch to keep spray from the ski from shooting up your calves.

• Baller
@Tsival, I spent the winter months 2020-2021 with this 2-piece dry suit form AquaFlyer. The fact that it doesn't have a zip in the back makes it as comfortable as a regular long wetsuit. You put the pants on first, then the top, and then wrap the 4 layers on your belly. I normally use a 3mm core 2mm limbs, and skied comfortably with water 6°C and air 7°C. They also do a 5mm core 3mm limbs that some of our skiers use, but I don't think it's necessary for slalom.

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
I have a Stay Dry from Wileys. Not as comfortable as my last one from Eagle Sports(no longer available), but if a seal goes bad they can reseal it. So far it appears to be more durable than the Eagle sports. It is the baggy type. I wear a t shirt, sweatshirt and sweat pants underneath. Pretty good freedom of movement. I wear a regular nylon 4 buckle ski over it since it is lighter than the neovest.

• Baller
@OldboyII and @jjackkrash I tried that this year, a 4/3 O’Neil Epic and an O’Neill Fluid Dry. I love the Epic comfortable down to about 60ish air and high 50’s water. But no comparison to the warmth and comfort of the drysuit and a neo beanie once the water and air both dip down to the 50’s.