Kudos to Connelly

MDB1056

• Baller
Really have to give a big shout out to the folks at Connelly for amazing customer service. Been riding a 2019 GTR. I'd noticed some small lines showing up on the bottom of the ski. They looked insignificant to me as you really need to get up close to see them but thought I'd ask Connelly. I sent them pictures and they said they needed to see the ski. They sent me a Fed Ex shipping label and off it went. Before it even arrived in their offices I received notice they were going to give me a new ski. Next they not only returned my GTR, but sent me a new 2022 DV8 and neo sleeve. Needless to say I sent a very big thank you note to Jesse McMeel their Warranty Manager. Really great customer service in the world today is so rare anymore, that it needs to be made known and celebrated when you do find it. Needless to say I remain a huge Connelly fan. I really love the GTR which will now be backup. Grip is amazing. I'm expecting to love the DV8 as well. The tail toys will also be way fun to play with.

• Baller
Yes they are awesome! Back in 1990 I contacted Connelly about an issue with the plates on my year old high wrap and rear toe on my year old Concept. They said box it up and send to us and we’ll see what we can do. My buddy heard about this and called them about his mid 80’s Shortline that had a few dings and scratches on it. We’ll they sent me a new high wrap and rear toe and they sent his Shortline back looking like new with a new adjustable front boot and rear toe. All we paid was the shipping. Sound like they’ve maintained that high regard for their customers.

• Baller
I've gone from a GTR to DV8 - not the greatest skier but I have found trying different tail blocks fascinating in how they can help. I see as my skiing advances or doesn't or my fitness improves that the different tail blocks will give me more options.

• Baller
@Mose - tough question. Where do you want the responsiveness to be? In general I found the round tail block to be more responsive through the turn but the square gave me more behind the boat... I'm currently on the stock but I did also find the square to be good as well being a bigger guy - I'll be trying the square again for the next few weeks.