I Hate Skiing

Horton

• Administrators

I so hate you all. I hate water. I hate skiing. I hate Ward for convincing me that 38 is not so hard. I hate MS for being so darn enthusiastic about all of it. I hate Herb, Eddie, Andy, Pat, Tom, Dave, Jodi, Denny and anyone else who has made a ski that gave me hope. I hate boats and I hate lakes. I hate the cute little kids who wait for their turn with hope and aspiration.

If it had not been for that one special skier yesterday, I would have left my gear in a trash can and gotten a 5th of Jack Daniel’s. After 4 disappointing rounds in two days I was over water skiing. At the end of the day Sunday after threatening to run my ski over with my car it was that one special skier that stopped me. That one special display made me feel better about my skiing.

So to that one special skier who threw a way bigger temper tantrum then I did, I want to say thank you. Seeing you throw your ski like that made me realize that I am but a rookie in the world of ski throwing. I kicked and screamed under water but you showed me that I could scream those bad words with my head out of the water. I shoved my ski toward shore and you showed me that I can really throw my ski. You showed me that I have much to learn.

Thank you ( You know who you are )

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend. Sounds like you need to check out a Monza. Do I need to fly out and let you beat me for a few rounds to get your dobber back up. I bet by mid week you are loving everything about this wonderful sport.

• Administrators
I hate you for being so darn happy and positive. I can just see that big smile. Damn you MS! On the other hand I have not been hurt in a while so some time on the Monza may be needed.

• Baller
Throwing a short (as in 15-30 seconds) tantram is ok as long as you laugh at yourself right afterwards.  Anything longer than that is childish.  Unless you lost out on a big purse, then you can sulk for days. 

• Administrators

My rule is not four letter words above water and if a ski is thrown it must land in water. I may streach my tantram out for 30-45 seconds and then I am really bummed that anyone saw me.

The tantrum I watched was epic bad. He knows who he is but I do not think he as seen this thread yet. He did tell me today that he is looking for a new ski :-)

• Baller

MacEnroe did quite well despite tantrums.

Skiing requires massive amounts of mental intensity. That intensity needs to exist. When unable to manifest itself in the skiing, sometimes it comes out as visible frustration. A tantrum is a mental failure on the same order as the physical failure of falling around say 2 ball on your opener. Neither is good.

Your skier's fire is part of what makes him ski. But he is certainly more embarassed by his outburst than his poor performance. Hopefully no one was terribly offended or hurt.

Eric

• Administrators

I scored 99 two more times this weekend. Not yet added to ZBS but that will make it 11 rounds with the same score. AAHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Are guys sure that golf is worse then this?!?

Tour IDScoreRoundDivPlaceBuoysLineSpeedClass07W004R 100.00 1  M3 1 4 11.25 55 C07W109C 100.00 1  M3 1 4 11.25 55 C07W001A 99.00 1  M3 22T 3 11.25 55 E07W052C 99.00 1  M3 1 3 11.25 55 C07W052C 99.00 2  M3 1 3 11.25 55 C07W019C 99.00 2  M3 1 3 11.25 55 C07W019C 99.00 3  M3 1 3 11.25 55 C07W109C 99.00 2  M3 1 3 11.25 55 C07W110C 99.00 1  M3 2 3 11.25 55 C07W138C 99.00 1  M3 1 3 11.25 55 C07W138C 99.00 2  M3 1 3 11.25 55 C