Radar RS-1s for sale, size 10

Boody

• Baller

I bought these boots just four weeks ago, but I am going back to my FMs.  They  are very light and comfortable, just not for me.  They are size 10, have all the hardware and are in perfect shape.  The liners can be heat molded and re-formed.  They will come in the original box with all related paperwork.

They will also come with an extra plate, which is thicker.  Radar just came out with this thicker plate, which is stronger, but also heavier.  The original plate is fine in my opinion, but some feel it is not strong enough, so the new plate should solve that dilema.

Asking only $375, shipped.  Considerable savings from new.

If interested, please email me at:

THE BOOTS ARE SOLD........THANKS.

• Baller

Sure Brent,

The pros are comfort, weight, and speed.  I felt the edge changes were quicker due to the light weight and the ski carried good speed thru the turns because the sleek design.  The buckles on my FMs tend to drag a bit and slow me down, so I could feel a difference with the Radars.

A con for me was the lack of tip pressure. I feel because of the open front design, I could not get as much pressure on the front of the ski, like I did my FMs.  Also I had a problem with keeping the tip of the ski down at the end of the turn. I tried mulitple binding placements and fin adjustments and could not get it fixed.  I have discussed this with others, but I have no one else has shared this problem that I am aware of.  So it may just be me or my ski setup, Nomad RC.  I was able to run a some 35s, but often strugged.  So I don't think they are too far off the mark, they just aren't for me.

I got a RCX and went back to my FMs and things are going good, so I am selling the Radars.

• Baller

There is nothing "hard" in the front of the boots, which are secured by elastic laces over the liners.  Other hardshells have a buckle so when you rock your knees / legs forward the forward motion of your shins is inputed to the ski.  However, you can cinch the upper laces down further, which I liked but I couldn't release as easily.   I felt the Radars were more like rubber bindings in the front, too soft for me.  However, the lateral and rear support was quite stiff.

This is my theory with lack of tip pressure going into the bouy and tip rise at the end of the turn, but its just a theory.

• Baller_
I tighten my laces way tight, getting better control at the expense of release. My old Approach Boots never released (on purpose), so I'm not afraid of keeping both feet in. Usually tip rise is from too much rear foot pressure (straight legs at the end of the turn), or excessive wing angle. What degree is yours set at ?

• Baller

My wing angle is 8, but I went back to the FMs and the tip rise has gone away.  The tip rise problem was only with the Radars, heck, who knows, I am just glad its gone.  When I tightened the laces down, it was much better, but not being able to release is too dangerous in my opinion.  Even tightened down, it is still possible for one to come out and one stay in.  At least now I can push the limit and not worry as much about the release, its just one thing I no longer have to think about, the FMs will always release.

• Baller
I tried the RS-1s in hopes they would be an upgrade from the FMs, which I mentioned are somewhat heavy.  The Radars are light.  While the buckles on the FMs may catch, I am not convinced they truly hinder my skiing.  I guess I tried them hoping they would be the magical missing link to make me ski better :)