2008 66" Radar RS-1 and bindings

GMC

• Baller

The smallest RS-1 they make is a 65".  I would guess that the 66" is too much ski;  I'm 175lb, 5'10", 36 mph and it was definitely the right size for me.

My read of the warranty is that it's for the original owner only.

• Administrators

Not to mess with GMC but I will have a 65" RS-1 for sale in about a week. With or without size 9 RS-1 boots.

The owner is a friend of mine who I am moving up to a 66"

• Baller

Horton,

I have some questions about the RS-1 that maybe you can answer:

I'm on a Goode 9800 now.  Can you compare the performance, construction and weight of the RS-1 to the 9800?  Do you have a link to the ski tests so I can read about it?

Is a 65" the right size for a woman, 130lb, 5'6", 34mph?

I would want to put my Powershells on it.  Does the ski have inserts for the RS-1 plate?  Are the inserts flush with the ski so that there is no obstruction to adhering dual-lock.

Thanks,

Stacy

sjholbert at comcast dot net

• Administrators

The current RS is very fast across the lake and perhaps more nimble then the 9800. These two skis are different enough that it is hard to compare. The RS was not at ski test.

Construction? Radar makes a ski as well as anyone. The materials are seriously first rate. I have not heard any QC issues with the RS-1. The RS-1 is made by hand in Washington state. I think nearly very ski is built or inspected by Herb or Eddie. I do not think quality is an issue. Besides that factory support is the best in the industry. If you did have an issue with a Radar, they will take care of it.

Compared 07 MPD the RS-1 is softer in flex (tip and tail) with less rocker. This makes it very stable and fast off the second wake. Most skiers find the heel side turns on the RS-1 to be fantastic. If you really push or are impatient at the finish of your toe side turn the RS can be finicky. If you ski new school then this ski is just freak’n perfect.

The ski has inserts that are raised just a little but I think the powershells will work fine.

As for size, I think if you are running 28 the 65 should be better but if not the 66 would be easier to ride.