Karina

Horton

• Administrators
I told you guys this spring that Karina was the next big thing and you guys all thought it was just because she is kinda pretty. Well . . . . yesterday she ran 5@39 first round and then 1@41 the second round. Maybe she is more then a pretty face!

• Baller

I have always wondered if Kristi's record was legit, because it was before any type of speed control.  Her record held for so long, it maded me suspicous.  But, nice to see Karina throwing up a great score.  She is the real deal, no question!

Even back when Kristi Overton set the record the split and full course times were digitally recorded to the hundredth of a second.  Automatic speed control makes it easier for us mere mortals to get accurate times (and therefore good speeds), but the better drivers of the day could drive as accurately as any current computer.  In fact, many experienced skiers are of the opinion that speed controls still have a ways to go before they can compare to some of the true driving legends.

TW

• Baller
After tying the world record and having the best rounds ever in a pro event (ran 5@39 twice and ran it twice) the first words out her mouth were to sincerely thank those who have resurrected the pro tour and acknowledge their effort.  At age 21, she demonstrates a refreshing attitude.  Amazing skiing.

• Supporting Member

So let me get this straight:  She's the best skier in the world, she's great looking, AND she's polite and shows rare maturity for a modern athlete?

How am I supposed to feel good about myself by finding some way in which I am far superior to her???  Please tell me she's dumb as a brick or something.  Help me out here!

• Administrators

Go to the YouTube page to see the high res version. Check out how long she is on the line off the second wake. There is a message there.