Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Injuries Injuries Inujuries

skibug

• Baller

I know this isn't a medical site; but, there seems to be some BOSers out there with a lot of knowledge.  My ski season ended last weekend, only a month and a half along, as i found out this week, in my MRI, I have a torn shoulder labrum with a 4mm-6mm x 12mm cyst that has formed pressing on nerve that runs through my shoulder.  The pain just lets me know that I am still alive, at least that is the only positive that I can take from it.  I have my surgery scheduled; but, I was wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar type of situation; and/or any words of encouragement or advice.  The doc says it will be 6 weeks in an immobilization sling and 6 months until I can ski again.

• Baller
Sorry to hear that.  I nursed a bad shoulder through the end of last year and my amateur diagnosis was a torn labrum.  Thankfully I was wrong, it was just an impingement that PT worked out, but the shoulder is starting to bother me a bit already so by the end of the summer we might be in the same boat.  Keep us posted on your progress...

• Baller

Bug,

Sorry about the shoulder. I see a lot of shoulder rehabs in my practice as a PT. The time frames he gave you sound about right for a labral repair. The cyst is a bit of a wild card though. Likely something they will just clean up during the repair. Good luck with the surgery and rehab.

sj