Fin 3's for a KD 7000

Thomas Wayne

We just got a new player at my lake, skiing on a 5 year old Kidder 7000, and I'm looking for some suggested fin numbers for this ski.  It has the "internal" fin block and he's been skiing it with some [seemingly] odd settings: the DFT was almost nonexistent (fin all the way back to the tail of the ski), 2.453 depth (shallow?) and 6.935 length (excessive tip?).

One of the odd things about this fin is that the leading edge of the fin is almost vertical, meaning that the length is hard to change much, unless the tip is shoved WAY up into the block.  I realize that it may be hard to find numbers for an older ski like this one, but I figured I'd try for this guy's sake...

TW

• Baller
TW, try 2.500 depth. The fin block is marked (I know this is not very accurate but with that cutaway fin in the back it is difficult to measure) 1/4 back from zero. They are marked with each tick being a half.This should give you a .495 from the back of the removed fin box to the base of the cutout at the back of the fin. I measured using the pointed end of the caliper (the end furthest away from the dial). 6.405 (tips) with fin block removed. measured from front of fin to base of cutout. 7 degrees wing. I attached some pics. I don't know if you have the same type of fin. Good luck