What to wear at MS's tournament

jdarwin

• Baller

There were similar scenes in MI this weekend.  A fire was lit before the boat was even in the water.  Shane by your definition I think we've had about 3 weeks of "spring" and the rest winter...

There are 2 guys standing there in dry suits. One is an actual Canadian from Winnipeg. I think they go year round drysuits up there. I think that for the rankings, 2 of your 3 scores have to have been made in the midwest. You southern guys would have a big time drop in average. Wait til 2010 nats.

• Baller
MS - the rankings do not require that the score occur in your "home" region.  The rule you are referring to impacts a skier's ability to ski for placement at Regionals.  "A skier shall ski for placement in the Region where he does more than half of his skiing, including tournament and practice, during the ten weeks prior to the Regional Tournament".  Therefore, you could ski all your tournaments at my site and still qualify for MW Regionals due to your practice time at home.   You may be referring to a MW Region statute but I'm not aware that any regional policy can trump the AWSA Rulebook.

I was only proposing the rule. Southern water scores should not count. But then my average would drop big time. You guys down south should have to come north to get qualifing scores so that the rankings would even out better. That southern soup is awesome for shortline skiing compared to our ice water.   

• Baller

Skiing some practice today and tomorrow.

Going up to Erie, PA for "Daves Pond" tourney Sat/Sun.

Riding the Elite rnd 1 sat, rnd 2/3 sunday. I'll be tricking rnds 1/2 on saturday /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-undecided.gif

• Baller
"Can you even trick 2000 on 2 skis?"  Answer:  Eventually, given enough time and long enough lake - but you're only allowed two 20-second passes.  Very difficult.  He needs to learn a flip (similar to the one he performs on his slalom ski going for 4 ball).

• Administrators

easy 3550

WLO  150
B   150
ob  90
Rob  90
f  60
Wf5  350
Rw5f  350
Wo  150
Rwo  150
w5b  350
b  60
f  60
r  60
r  60

TO  200
tb  100
Tbb  330
rtbb  330
tf  100
tf  100
ts  130
wts  130

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

Our water warmed up to 76 this week. We have had the longest stretch of 80f or better days of the whole summer. Since JD got back on the plane to fly home, it has been 80s and glass every day.

We are looking at 76f with light winds for saturday. I posted the tourney info this morning and by 1pm we had 30 skiers.