elite

block

First ride on demo 68.5 Elite. Fin and bindings stock-- 30" 6.855, 2.510, .795 I am 5'11" 218.

The ski felt twitchy on my first 22 pass; then ran 5 passes @28 and 1pass@32. Each pass got more stable as I learned you must do less with this ski. It takes less effort to get width and the turns are the same on both sides.

I have never gotten as wide skiing on my current sixam ss nor have I ever gotten such a good off side(toe side)

turn.

I cannot wait for set #2!

dsmart

I tried your numbers on my 2nd set. I ran straight through 35 then went back to 28.  The ski seemed to be too 

aggressive ,more so as the line got shorter. My 35 was ugly;I over turned 4 of the 6 turns but 32 was awesome.

I may just need to get some time on the ski and learn to be calm at 35. The ski is wicked fast and makes tight radius turns with speed like no other (turn is one motion). 

Any suggestions?  Are you on a 68.5?

• Baller

I am on a 68.5 but I am not great with fin adjustments. I set it up for 34 mph. SJ or skidawg may be able to help. Both Drew and Chet gave me .800 as a starting point. You may want to try moving it back. If that does not calm it down and the first setting you tried was better, i would go back to your original numbers.

• Baller
68.5 Elite Stock is binding 30 inches from tail, 6.855 (using tips of caliper) length, 2.510 and .795 dft (distance from tail). Drew Ross gave me a starting point of 6.850 tips, 2.510 and .800. Chet Raley told me to start at 6.735 jaws, 2.515 and .800. I hope this helps.

block, seem to remember someone already telling you to go up to .800 to calm it down a bit. Too bad, shouldnt listen to a jumper. Jumpers dont know anything about fin adjustments.

That ski looks like it is working great for you. Thanks for the help in the flood!

Loft,

Thanks. I didn't know you jumpers hung around slalom boards,I'll try closer to .800 but I thought that would make the ski more aggressive on my heel side.  Excited about this ski--- maybe Monday?

Now off to Atlanta to watch soccer!