Arizona tourney was great way to end the year

brhartw

• Baller

38 run 10 times and 39 once. Several first times male at 38 and a female at 35. Consistent skiing by the AZ usual big dogs.

We also heard Dave Goode suffered broken leg at Covington, LA. on Sunday. Ran over a buoy. Get well soon Dave!

• Baller
Wish I would have done it on our course.  Probably would have saved me a lengthly rehab.  Also, our buoys were reasonably close to the minimum regulation size, and 1/2 way submerged, but there is still a lot of buoy out of the water to impact.  Next season I will sink them 60-70% so if you do hit one, you are more likely to ride over the top or displace it to the side.

TW, we did it for a while. I'll say it probably helped some, but is not a cure all. I ran over them 3-4 times. Once it still threw me pretty good. The other times I barely felt it. Another club member hit one and took a nasty fall. Sprained his ankle pretty bad.

The thing we didn't like about them is that they buoys floated around too easy. There was just not enough upward force to keep them in a reasonable position. In a minimal wind, you could look from shore and see they were out of alignment. We started with just over 1/3 water. Then went to just about 1/4 which helped. Decided to go back to just air after a while.

Maybe we just need to work out a different anchor system.

• Baller

Marco,

We're doing it on the portable, mainly because it's the easiest way to submerge them (no counter weights).  They really do deflect easier not having all that tension on the buoy line.

Deke

Here's the original Flo-Master plant sprayer I modified a couple of years ago:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/ThomasWayne_2006/FLOMASSA1.jpg

That was a very quick and easy mod, but now it's even easier.  Go to Home Depot and buy a Flo-Master 1998BH (pictured below).  In the photo you'll notice the end cap (atomizer) labeled "A".  Unscrew this and set aside.  Inside the remaining  nozzle you'll see a soft, semi-transparent plastic piece similar to the illustration on the right.  Pull this piece out and cut off the larger diameter end (discard), leaving only the smaller "shank" - make your cut as clean as possible, since the resulting face will need to seal against the base of an inflation needle.  Replace this shank into the pump nozzle.

Now, using a small drill bit, an awl, or similar tool you'll need to enlarge the hole in the atomizer cap ("A"), such that your inflation needle can be pushed through it - a tight fit is desirable here.

That's all there is to it.  Push the needle through the atomizer cap, screw the combined assembly back onto the pump nozzle and you should be good to go.  Fill the tank about halfway up with water, screw the lid back on and pump the living hell out of it.  Use it to add water or air (or both) to your skier buoys.

TWhttp://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/ThomasWayne_2006/flo-master.jpg