Matt Rini ski school

Skihack

• Baller
Rini is at 4000 SR33. Take 561 south from Clermont approx 12 miles to SR33, then south on 33, 1/4 mile on left. Unpaved road with a gate about 100 yds in. Continue in another 1000 yds. Watched him facilitate technique improvements for beginning course skiers, Big Dawg competitors and a variety of world class pros, all 3-events. Articulate, intelligent, excellent eye and likeable guy. Call him or e-mail.

Matt is an excellent coach. He has a knack to pick up problems and give you advise that is easy to implement and works well with your style.

He doesn't try to "re-invent the wheel" as some other coachs do.

My only concerns are ; he didn't do video when i was there and his lake did not seem as wind proof as some others

• Baller

I've been to Matt's 3 - 4 times and IMO he's an excellent coach.  As BCskier said he doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, he takes what you're doing right and reinforces and expands on it, takes what you're doing wrong and explains why it's wrong and how to do it right.  He does so in terms you can understand and will keep working to find a way to get it through to you until you get it, can break it down as simple as you need it or be as technical as you want.  If that's not good coaching I don't know what is.  I've tried a couple of other coachs and neither were anywhere near as good at translating to you or relating to you as Matt.  Very patient and very friendly (unlike some others...), very easy to connect with, entire atmosphere is pretty laid back while remaining completely serious about the training he's giving you.  The number of top young gun skiers who train with him is testament IMO to his coaching abilities (Karina and Whitney being just a couple that come to mind).  Plus his price per set is lower than most.  Even though he doesn't do video taping himself he allowed us to shoot video the entire time we were there which IMO is as good.  Hard to beat IMO.

Ed