Team Mapple

robscholl-OF

• Baller
Saw the add in the latest Water Ski magazine about Team Mapple and having him and his wife come to your lake.  I looked at the info on his web site and the price is $1800 for a day.  He recomends only 6 skiers, saying that will give each three sets each.  Anyone had him to their lake?  Is it worth $300 a skier?  I am giving it some thought........

• Baller
I went to Andy and Deena's ski school in 1995. Ben Favret was also there at the time. At the time I was struggling to clear 15off at 36 miles per hour. I could get into 32 off at 34 miles per hour, but as soon as I bumped the speed up to 36 I could not clear 15 off consistently. Andy and Ben helped my clean up my entrance gate and gave me some pointers to make it easier to get wider at each ball. I had a good time. I also got a chance to watch both Ben and Andy ski from the boat. Well worth the trip. I am left foot forward, and I would say what they helped me with in the long run was becoming more symmetrical in my turns and pulls on both sides of the course.  I got to meet Bruce and Toni Neville, and Dave Benzel too.  I am still trying to run through 32 off consistently, but occasionally get into 35 off(34 MPH). I have been to several ski schools over the years. I pick up something different from each one. I skied with Mike Hazelwood in 1993, Andy and Deena in 1995, Jack Travers and Bill Peterson in 2000. I have been to a couple of clinics with Andy since then. The last was at Dave's Pond in PA in 2006.