Laku Flooding

h2oski

For those of you familar with laku, here is a picture taken by David Nelson of the lake 1 dock.  The river has been flooding us for a week because of faster melting of the snowpack in the mountains and rain.  We are scheduled to have our first tourney of the year this weekend.

Terry

• Baller

That is truly a bummer.  Are everyones trailers OK?  Looks like a ton of cleanup will be needed before any skiing happens.  I hope the water recedes quickly and does minimal damage.  Good luck!

If you get bored waiting for the water to recede, come ski with us in Montrose.  Were having our first tourney on the 26th and 27th of June.  Saturday is a 3 rd, and Sunday 2 rd, slalom only.

I meant to say faster than normal snowmelt.  The campground is a island but escaped flooding.  Cleanup and erosion repair are the main problems that we know of till the water goes down.  Tournament will be rescheduled.  Thanks for the invite Marco,  thinking about it, I live 3.5 hours from Laku so Montrose is a long drive!

Terry

• Baller

Terry- If you are east of Windsor, that would make the drive around 9 hours, definately a long haul.  We are about 5 minutes from the Montrose airport though...Flying would make it a considerably quicker trip.

Hope Laku is skiable soon.  You gotta get ready for the Big Dawg.  Good luck!