New O'brien

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Adam was kind enough to let me a take a set on his own, and first, Quattro.  As has been said, further tuning of the ski is ongoing, so my impressions are only an indication of the potential of the final production ski.  Drew Ross is on the second, and slightly revised, Quattro, and he is feeding his impressions back to Adam - but, so far, so good!

My impressions -

(A) Very predictable and very tolerant of skier positioning.

(B) If you want, you can "lean" on the tip and it will stay with you all the way through the turn.  (And, it will be an amazing turn!  The ski comes around very cleanly.)

©Â No sensation of speed (everything seems to move in slow motion).  It seem to carry the energy you put into it all the way cross-course and through the turn, and back again.  Sorry, no radical accel-decel for those used to a Monza!

(D) Very low drag feel.  Again, the energy you put in comes right back in getting through the course - not "dragging" you behind the boat.

(E) Oh, and the ski looks really incredible!

I'm not an extremely proficient skier, just an enthusiastic one.  (Old guy, 34mph, struggling for consistency at 32off)

"Andy was telling us yesterday while dropped at the end of the course during his set, that with speed control the only place you have a chance to make up ground is between the finish of the turn to the 1st wake,that's it! "

Brent, I do not get it? what does speed control have to do with where you make up time?

It's the same width from front binder to rear of ski as the alpha elite. From the front boot forward toward the tip it remains the same width. It is narrower than the wide ride. It would be compared to the mid ride but WAY BETTER! I know first hand I have ridden both.

• Administrators

Scot,

The Mid Ride and Senate may have close to the same width at front binding (if someone says so) but the shape is not close to the same.