Ask MS?

skidawg

• Baller

and now the rest of the story....

Cottonwood tourney,  Round 1: MS in the boat as the judge/rope wrangler.JD at the wheel behind his sweet Nauti 200 (one of the best i've felt).

Off the dock, run a decent 28 and sit at the end. Think about the cleanup on the next pass.

Run a solid 32 and we sit at the end. For the round my goal was to get a good start at 38 and get a look deep into the pass.

He hooks it to blue and i find a nice rhythm and roll through 35 pretty easy. Ok so boat crew and i start chatting up what we are looking for and what my gates going to be etc. the usuals...

38: I go easy as I can through the gate and have a super sweet setup at 1 ball. Hookup clean with rhythm out of 2 ball. Great active edge change into 3 ball. As I hook up out of 3 ball i am thinking "3 ball at 38 normally doesnt feel like this. It's supposed to have more swing to it. Son of a gun, he forgot to shorten the rope." pull to 4 and have a really nice edge change, clean connection and swing out to 5 ball. As i am turning 5 ball I think "ok maybe this is 38 and i am in the zone and skiing out of my mind??" pull to 6 and stand up and ski away.

We are heading towards the dock and everyone is yelling and cheering. Before I sit at the end of the lake, I yell "i dont think he cut the rope". Sure enough, the rope was still on blue and not purple.....

• Baller

Should have locked them both in there together. Thanks to Joe Darwin and everyone who put on the most fun tournament I have ever attended. The site is amazing and the people are great. The party Saturday night at Joe's house was outstanding with mexican food, margaritas, beer, the best pie and cake I have ever tasted, swimming pool, hot tub and the LSU game on his outdoor patio flat screen!

We stayed with Ward at Olde Ward's Pond. We had a practice ride and six rounds of skiing with a turn and burn format. If you are on the fence about turn and burn, attend this tournament and it will let you see how good it is for the sport. We had a plane to catch in Dallas (3+ hour drive) and I would have missed my last two rides had it not been for this format. Others chose not to turn and burn because they wanted a rest in between, wanted a different boat, wind direction/velocity, etc...