Pentalago

disland

• Baller
I agree with MS (wait, this is becoming a trend!).  The ski lake market is oversupplied and overpriced.  Not sure what it is going to take to bring prices down other than projects going bankrupt.  Developers seem to think prices will rebound if they just wait long enough.  I don't see it.  Surveying just a small slice of the ski lake market, there are markets that have as many lots as they do skiers, and not all skiers can or want to live on a ski lake due to $$, location, etc.  I think this ends badly.

• Baller
Location, location, location.  If you develop a ski lake in an area that is not attractive to "non-skiers", you will have a difficult time generating an acceptable ROI.  But, if you build in a desirable location that just happens to have a ski lake adjacent to it, your chances of success are much greater.  The ski lake market may be saturated in certain areas of the country but I could identify several areas where ski lakes would succeed due to the lack of suitable public water.  You have to undertake market research to determine where the areas of "potential" success lie and the associated costs of building in those areas.