Centurian

disland

• Baller

OK, So they are the official sponsor of nationals. Does this mean they get a free pass on the rules regarding having to pull enough tournaments to qualify to pull Regionals and nationals? How many is it anyway? and where are those rules written?

Can they possibly have enough promo boats out there in time to pull enough tournaments?

• Baller

Hey I am all for it, I am curious more than anything.

However if the rules requiring boats to pull local tournaments and thus the promo requirement is lifted, there will be less if any incentive for manufacturers to provide promo credits which will make holding tournaments very difficult.

We are hurting big time for promo boats so if someone gets one in North Texas they are my new best friend

• Baller_

For Centurian to be a official sponsor of the nationals more then likely has nothing to do with the their qualification procedure for regionals and Nationals. They will still (or should) have to pull enough tournaments in each region and participate and qualify in 4 of the five regionals to qualify  as a tow boat for the nationals, and unless things have changed they will not be able to have the title of Nationals tow boat until they have met the criteria  and they have participated in the national tournament and satisfied the requirement. They do have a tough row to hoe to get their. The last to give it a go was Infinity and they busted their buts to make the Regional qualification and then darn near knocked them selves out getting the boats to the Nationals out in Bako.

As far as enough boats for tournaments well this is where we as a sport need to make a change that allows for other than current new boats to pull tournaments. But then again their is a policy exception in place now to utilize older approved boats if current approved one are not available.

• Baller
There is no set # of tournament credits to qualify a boat model for nationals. The rules are written to require that a given mfr's boats needs to pull 20% of the Class C or above tournaments in a region to qualify for that region's Regional Championships. Any mfr that qualifies for all 5 region's championships and has a positive report from 4 of 5 will qualify for Nationals. Any boat mfr could sponsor the nationals, just like nearly any company could. I wouldn't tie towboat qualifications to that, though.

• Baller_

Wow! Floridians Villians? What makes one say something like that? I am from Florida and would love to ski, utilize and help get this boat in the system.

Joe, I know American skier/Elan tested boats at the tests and they pullled a number of tournaments particulary in The south central region but to my memory they really did not push to make Nationals like Infinity did, Infinity puledl a boat to the  regionas one week end in one region and hooked up to these same boats and took them to another the next and then these boats went to the Nationals. rob was all over the country those four weeks from the east coast to the west coast getting their % numbers.

• Baller
Fineline does have deeper pockets than American Skier or Infinity did, I believe, at the very least.  If my nautique demo deal with Mueller falls through or quits being advantageus to both one of us, I'll be making a trip over to the local Centurion dealer to check things out.