Chicago area ski lakes/homes

LakeOneSkier

• Baller

I'm considering a possible relocation to the Chicago area.  It's a tough call moving from warm south TX to dark cold south IL but living on a ski lake would help make the decision easier.  :-)

Is there anyone on this board that lives on a ski lake that is commutable to downtown Chicago?  Or does anyone know of any private lakes in the area?  Looking at the Google maps ski site overlay it looks like there are 4 lake communities southwest of downtown about 30 to 40 miles. The only one I can find info on is Ninovan Lake Estates.

• Baller
Is Ninovan the one in Minooka?  Look around Lake in the Hills area, too.  There are some former quarries there that have been converted to residential.  I have an old ski buddy in Chicago, and he has not been able to find acceptable commute at acceptable cost...his only option has been trailering to the river and paying sets on a private non-residential quarry. 

• Baller
There are quite a few that popped up in and around the Waters Edge area, and lots have been very low $ lately.  Look in the New Lennox and just S and SE of that area.   You're looking at a 40min+ commute, but train is an option as well.