HO S1,Coeffecient X/Sl, Radar Strada or Senate C choice.

Dacon62

• Baller

Considering one of these skis for a new purchase. Am 6' tall 180 lbs. Ski at 34 MPH at longer line lengths of 15 and 22 off.  The stick I'm using now is an old 68" HO VTX with double boots thats worn out and probably weighs 10 lbs. or more. Also looking at either the old standby Animal boots or maybe the newer design Strada boots. Opinions please. Thanks!

• Administrators

All for of those skis are different. If you are going to buy new, you should demo. www.H2oProSHop.com

In short there is not a bad choice in the groups but they do not skis the same. It is a an interesting group you picked. All stable and smooth turning. Coming from a VTX you are going to be amazed with any of them.

If you are looking for a deal: I have a almost new 67" S1 that I can set you up with for deal and I still have some 67 Strada55s for sale.

Horton@BallOfSpray.com

• Baller

Thanks for your thoughts. Will consider.

I don't think that at my level of skiing I need the S1 or the Strada thats why I mentioned the Co-X/SL and the Senate C. They will probably come out of the water a little easier and be more forgiving. My VTX was a real hog coming out of the water but skied well. That aside, I guess what I am really asking is are the top end models going to be too aggessive for me? Or do you feel that the Co-xsl/Senate C will provide me with a better skiing experience at my ability level?  

A shop in my area is specialing a new 2010 model S1 with double Animals or a new 2010 Strada with double Strada boots for just under 1K and my buddy just picked up a new 2010 S1 blank for $550 so I'm itching to pull the trigger on a purchase.

• Administrators
There was a day when most high end skis were wild for a skier at your level. Genrally not true anymore. Strada is one of the best skis on the market and is great for a skier at your level. Demo Demo Demo but you would be happy with any of those skis.

• Baller

Thank you to all for your guidance and comments. Please keep them coming.

Now....boots?

Sounds like the Strada boots(if ordering a Radar ski) would be the way to go based on the comments I've read in this form.

Have not read any horror stories of people breaking bones or ripping ligaments although I've seen some dealer sites warning that they are a high performance, low release binding. Again, what I've read, is it's important not to overtighten the shock cords. Does the Strada boot need to be (heat) fitted by the dealer.

Have a size 9.5/10 foot and left foot forward.

• Baller

Great links and info on these products, thanks. May decide to get the Strada after all with the Strada boots. A guy I ski with just purchased a 67" HO S1 (probably going to put double animals on it). That way we can try each others skis. Maybe we end up swaping skis, who knows.

Horton, how come I don't see any ski tests you've done on the Strada or HO S1?

• Administrators

I rode an S1 last year for a week or two http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1161&page=1#Item_19

I was not commited to ski reviews at the time so .... my fault but I liked the ski a lot

I rode a Strada most of last year http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=2161&page=1

my lack of review about the Strada is another story. It is the hardest ski to discribe I have ever ridden. It is super balanced and easy to ride.

• Baller

After reading alot of info online and talking to different knowledgable people it's time to act.

Ordered the Strada with Strada boots.http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-money-mouth.gif

Thanks to all for your input.

Will continue to follow this form. It is awesome. I will surely recommend it. http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif