Waterski Costa Rica

Laz

• Baller

My wife and I just returned from a week at Waterski Costa Rica.  We had an absolutely amazing week!

The trip is hosted by Jim Kilsdonk who is really the star of the show.  He is a patient and insightful teacher.

The lake is stunning with great conditions, even when a bit windy.  Breakfast and lunch are home cooked meals on the lake.  Every afternoon had us out on various excursions such as zip lining, hiking around a volcano, hot springs and horse back riding.

I would highly recommend this site for a winter water ski break.

I have a video of me doing '28 off for only the second time ever.  Reviewing it now shows just how much I still have to learn. I will post it and ask the BOS experts for feedback.

Laz

• Baller

We sure were. He skied really well. We were also with the husband and wife team of Chuck (Eagle Sports) and Michelle (barefootcentral.com). Really, a great week.

I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Baller

The only limiting factor to our skiing was how much our frozen Canadian bodies could take. Skiing was not rushed at all.

BTW, I used a pull up bar for about two weeks beforehand. I think it helped.

• Baller

Place is awesome and Jimmy always takes good care of ya. Several of us have been down there 4 or 5 times. Make sure you tell the ladies cooking at the lake on your last day you want chicken cordon bleu and tres leches. They will know either Marc or Senor Chad told you to ask for it. It's crazy good. Spend the money. Seems like a lot at first, but once your there you can't figure out how he does it so cheap. Worth it!

Marc

Are all the meals and activities included in the price or do you pay separate for each excursion? Trying to get my wife to take a girls trip so I can go on a Waterski trip!! She's a non skier and we have a 9mo old son so would it would be pretty expensive and tough on them to go at this stage... Any pics of the site and house would be nice to see!